COVID-19 UPDATE/JUNE 2020
Kern Road Veterinary Clinic is open and all veterinary services are now available. We are being very diligent in order to keep you and our team safe. Even though the Governor has ended the Stay at Home Order, COVID-19 is NOT gone.
In order to see patients in a timely and safe manner, we have developed policies and protocols that comply with the mandated guidelines put forth by our local health officials, the American Veterinary Medical Association, and the Michigan Veterinary Medical Association. Some of the ways we comply include the following:
- Before scheduling any appointments, we are screening pet owners to determine their exposure.
- We screen employees before the beginning of every shift to confirm that they are not exhibiting symptoms or have been knowingly exposed to someone with COVID-19.
- We pick up pets curbside and lead them into the building using our own disinfected leashes. Call 517-223-9618 when you arrive at the office. No personal belongings can be left with your pet.
- For cats, or small dogs, we disinfect the outside of the carrier before accessing your pet.
- No clients are allowed in the hospital. The only exception to this is euthanasia as long as the owner has cleared the health questions and has agreed to wear a mask and appropriately physically distance while in the building.
- Once we have examined your pet, we will call you from the building so please answer our call even if you don’t recognize the number.
- We properly use PPE when appropriate.
- We wash our hands thoroughly between patients.
- We thoroughly disinfect all treatment areas and exam rooms between patients with a disinfectant labeled to kill coronavirus.
- There is as minimal contact as possible between our staff and you.
- We are placing food and prescription refills outdoors on shepherds hooks or curbside for you to pick up without contact
- We are currently working on new and improved protocols for payments and prescription refills and medicine pick up.
- For Equine visits our veterinarians are required to wear masks, we please ask our clients to wear a mask, and we have established new ways to disinfect our equipment and wash our hands frequently right at our trucks. We will attempt to limit our contact within your facility to keep you safe and limit your exposure to us as well.
We are making it as safe as possible for your pet to get the best veterinary care they need during this COVID -19 pandemic. We appreciate your continued patience and understanding.